Stovall will be hosting a pre-meeting @ 6 pm as a last BJCP tasting session before the exam in June. “Last minute” advice for both tasting and the written exams. Again, if everyone is in for it.
Stovall have a couple of beers that he wants to do a blind triangle tasting on first for the pre-meeting and then we will use as evaluation practice beers as well, plus will bring in a mead for Sonja. If anybody has one more beer they want evaluated, bring it – a good chance for feedback.
All paid member entries accepted if:
– “Dark Beer Category” as per 2015 BJCP guidelines and roughly above 30 SRM. Some of these beer categories are:
– 8 Dark European Lager
– 9 Strong European
– 13 Brown British
– 14B Scottish Ale
– 14C Scottish Export
– 15 Irish
– 16 Dark British
– 17 Strong British
– 19 Amber & Brown American
– 22B American Strong Ale
– 22C American Barleywine
– 23C Oud Bruin
– 26B Belgian Dubbel
– 26D Belgian Dark Strong Ale)
– Judged to 2015 BJCP guidelines
– Any abv accepted
– qty 2 12oz bottles/cans or qty 3 smaller than 12oz unlabeled bottles/cans. Acceptable to have raised markings in glass of bottle. NO EXCEPTIONS on qty 2 minimum.
– register via competition website (not yet set up)
Contact email@example.com if you have questions about this competition.