Come join us as we discuss beer, mead, cider, and anything fermentable. All experience levels welcomed.
June Tech Talk: Water Profiles
• Beer is 85-95% water, so make sure you’re maximizing the flavor profile and not using crappy water
• Old adage: “If its good enough to drink, it’ll make good homebrew”, but maybe not great homebrew.
• In fact, it is almost impossible to brew certain beers without modifying the water
Come to the June meeting if you wanna hear more!
Savannah Brewers League will have multiple brewers brewing beer/cider/mead at Coastal Empire Beer Company. This event will help show the public what goes into their beer by getting them involved in the process. All experience levels (non-brewer to Professional) are welcome to attend. From grain to glass come see some brewing magic by our home brewers and Coastal Empires brewers as we collaborate on this AHA nation wide event.
On the first Saturday in November, thousands of people will gather at Learn to Homebrew Day sites worldwide to brew beer and and learn about the hobby of homebrewing. In 1999, Learn To Homebrew Day was established by the American Homebrewers Association to promote the most rewarding, and delicious activity of all time — homebrewing.
All paid member entries accepted if:
– “Dark Beer Category” as per 2015 BJCP guidelines and roughly above 30 SRM. Some of these beer categories are:
– 8 Dark European Lager
– 9 Strong European
– 13 Brown British
– 14B Scottish Ale
– 14C Scottish Export
– 15 Irish
– 16 Dark British
– 17 Strong British
– 19 Amber & Brown American
– 22B American Strong Ale
– 22C American Barleywine
– 23C Oud Bruin
– 26B Belgian Dubbel
– 26D Belgian Dark Strong Ale)
– Judged to 2015 BJCP guidelines
– Any abv accepted
– qty 2 12oz bottles/cans or qty 3 smaller than 12oz unlabeled bottles/cans. Acceptable to have raised markings in glass of bottle. NO EXCEPTIONS on qty 2 minimum.
– register via competition website (not yet set up)
Contact email@example.com if you have questions about this competition.