Toast: “You’re here!!!”
We had 26 members and 2 guests attend this meeting. Kody, our winner of the homebrew kit from November’s Learn How to Homebrew day attending this meeting and is eager to make the move into homebrewing.
- John F, TJ, Neil, James, Vince, Scott, Roger, Patrick & Aaron, and many more.
- 2/2: Domras Cup
- 2/13: 200 lbs of free Cocoa Powder to SBL members
- 2/15: Stammtisch & Brew Day at TJ’s (3 brewers participated)
- 2/23: Stammtisch at Vince’s (3 brewers participated)
- 3/10: NHC early bird registration starts at 10am
- 3/14: SHA VA Beer Blitz competition
- 3/17: Stammtisch at the Parade
- 3/21: Mazer Cup mead competition
- 3/28: SHA Port City Plunder beer competition
- April TBD: Taxman Stammtisch (possibly at the Brew Shop)
- 4/1: SBL April Monthly Meeting
- 4/5: Classic City Brewfest in Athens
- 4/10: Moon River 21st Bday
- 4/11: Loading Stammtisch at Neil’s
- 4/18: Chucktown Brewdown in Charleston
- 5/2: Stammtisch on the Farm at Laura and Tom’s, 5th year anniversary (Glennville, GA)
- 5/4-5/10: ReBrew water arrives at Service for pick up
- 5/9: Big Brew day (pushing it back so we can brew with the reclaimed water)
- 6/13: ReBrew at Service Brewing 5:30-7pm
- 7/18-7/20: National Homebrew Conference (NHC)
- Jeremy B. has paid $15 for the entry of the SBL to partipate in the Chucktown Brewdown. Unfortunately he cannot attend and is looking for someone to enter in his place from the SBL and attend the event. Click this link for more details.
- Early bird registration for NHC is on 3/10 at 10am so get your tickets soon or they will be sold out. The event will be in Nashville TN 7/18-7/20. Multiple members from the SBL will be attending.
- Need to schedule the Coastal Empire Fundraiser where $1 of every tap room sell goes to SBL to help us pay for NHC expenses (beer van)
- Justin C’s old homebrew stuff was offered up to the SBL for free. Lots of handy homebrew equipment and ingredients were divided up among those present.
- Barrel Project #3 is on hold until after ReBrew and NHC.
- James P. will be running a beer booth for the weekend before St. Patties. If you are interested in helping and make some extra cash and tips. Please let us know.
- Beer Trip: London/France: May 2021. Would like to get 12 members for this trip of a lifetime.
- Neil’s Cup where Neil D. placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd place! Congratulations Neil!!
- Jeremy B is going to be brewing his 2019 Dark Lager winning recipe on Service Brewing’s small batch system. Looking to brew at the end of April. More details to come.
- Dugue brought a bunch of free stuff and handed out to those present.
- Brew Shop will be closed on 3/13-3/14.
- Stovall is going to be a mule for entries to the Colonial Cup. Registration opens 3/14. Here is your chance to enter in a SHA competition and not incur the shipping cost ($15-$20).
- SBL Barrel Project #1 will be sent off to the National Homebrew Competition for judging.
- Stovall is the Event Organizer
- Date is set, 7/13 5:30pm-7pm at Service Brewing. ReBrew is a GA Association of Water Professionals (GAWP) Summer Conference official event.
- Water profile for the ReBrew water will be given to us when we get closer to the delivery date.
- You will need to bring your own container for ReBrewing water collection.
- All entries will be 10 gallon batches and have an approved name
- SBL will be utilizing the Big Brew Day event to ReBrew reclaimed water at a location TBD.
- All brewers entering 10 gallon batches will be compensated for ingredients. If you need something just ask a fellow member. There are a lot of ingredients among the members that many have offered up for free for this event.
- See the brewing planner for more specific details
- ReBrew will be a combination of a People’s Choice and BJCP Homebrew Competition.
- SBL will need volunteers to help man 2-3 pouring stations (SBL Bar + mini beer stations = 3) in order to keep the long lines down. Plan is to serve 500 people samples for an hour and half.
- Jeremy will be working on writing an article for the AHA’s Zymurgy magazine.
SBL President stepping down:
- Neil D. has been offered a job at a California Spaceship company and will be leaving us in late April. TJ will be taking over duties as President. Positions for Secretary and Registrar are currently open. More details at the April meeting.
- Send off party for Neil, TBD (before 4/11?). WOB Pooler, Two Tides, Coastal, etc.
- Loading Stammtisch 4/11 at 11am at Neil’s. Help him pack the truck and then drink all the beer! Lunch to be provided.
- Petty cash: $100
- PayPal: $1493.20
- Checking: $3791.47
- All Domras expenses paid. Gene is working on formalizing an annual budget for planning purposes.
Pink’s Notes with Mike’s Mentionables:
- Justin C. is gone; Mike is now the Head Brew with Alex as his assistant. Justin moved to the west coast to be with his fiancé and work at 21st Amendment’s production facility.
- MRBC is sending off “Depravity and Divinity” to the World Beer Cup
- 3/26 Crystal Beer Parlor Beer Night
- 4/5 Classic City Beerfest MRBC will have a cask in the competition
- Moon River turns 21 on 4/5!!!!!
The SBL has a very full schedule ahead of us. We encourage all members and guest that want to participate please let us know and we can help get you involved in the most fulfilling hobby since sliced bread.