We had 16 members call in to the meeting and 1 guest.
Guest: Duncan Bryant from AHA
Who’s Brewing? 16 brewers, 37 batches, 179.75 bu’s in 4 weeks!
TJ: Paulaner Hef Clone, American IPA,
Chris M.: Hydromel, Parish Canebrake Clone, PB&J mead, Wild Dewberry
Patrick M.: Milkshake IPA, Hazy IPA, NEIPA, Hazy IPA
Henry S.: IPA, Banana Split Porter, East/West IPA
Roger B: IPA
Jeremy B.: Mexican Lager, Cinco de Stout-O, Return of the Gnat (dark saison), A li’l goose (long way),
Randy H: Mango Citrus Wine
Chandler T: Smash IPA
Jonathan P: APA, Irish Red, Various meads and hydromels
Scott B: Foreign Extra Stout, Porter
Dave G: Pale Ale,
Annika L: Belgian Witbier
Gene E: Shoe Maker Alt,
Chris S: Bridgette’s Love Potion Saison
Andrew S.: Carmel sauce stout
Neil J.: NEIPA, Kolsh, Saison, another NEIPA, kettle sour gose
- 4/1: Virtual April Monthly Meeting
- 4/5: Classic City Brewfest in Athens – postponed to 8/29
- 4/5: Barrel Project #2: Drain the barrel! @ James P. 12pm
Moon River 21 st Bday– canceled
Loading Stammtisch at Neil’s– postponed to 5/16
April Stammtish/Brew Day @ The Brew Shop– canceled
- 4/18: 4pm Virtual Stammtisch
Chucktown Brewdown in Charleston– canceled
Stammtisch on the Farm at Laura and Tom’s– canceled
Bar Build @ TJ’s 11 am– postponed to 5/30
- 5/2: AHA Big Brew Day
- 5/6: May Monthly Virtual Meeting
ReBrew water pick up– canceled
AHA Big Brew Day in the Bier Garden @ Moon River
- 5/9: SBL’s Big Brew Day virtually
- 5/16: Loading Day Stammtisch at Neil’s @ 10 am
- 5/30: Bar Build @ TJ’s 11 am
- 6/3: June Monthly Meeting @ Moon River
ReBrew at Service Brewing 5:30-7pm– canceled
- 6/13: 11am June Stammtisch/Brew Day @ The Brew Shop
- 6/13: Coastal Empire Fundraiser to send SBL to NHC (pending)
- 6/18-20: National Homebrew
@ Nashville, TNvirtual online only
- 7/1: July Monthly Meeting @ Moon River
- 7/18: SBL Mid-Year Beer Competition
- 8/5: Aug Monthly Meeting
- 8/22: Uber Open IV (Lemoncello only competition) @ Chris S.
GUEST DISCUSSION: All about the AHA with Duncan Bryant.
does the AHA support Local Homebrew Clubs?
- Working with UPS to make shipping beer legal
- Insurance premiums for only $3.75 per member. 75% AHA membership in the club gets us a refund of all premiums. SBL is a part of this insurance program.
are the plans for NHC online? What does the $99 get me that I can get if an AHA
member waits till the seminars get released?
- It gives you access to 20 seminars only available to paying attendees for the first year.
- John Moorhead: [email protected]
John is your go-to guy for bringing up legislative challenges/pursuits. He also manages National Homebrew Competitions.
- Dave Carpenter: [email protected]
Dave is the editor of Zymurgy magazine. He’s the guy to reach out to about doing a story on the Domras Cup
- 2019 Hill Staff Homebrew Competition Press Release
Gene had asked for more info on our efforts in DC that I discussed briefly. Here is the press release published on the BA’s website that covers the 2019 results. If there are further questions about this event, John who I referenced above is your man.
- $5 discount code for AHA Membership MayTake5. Use in Gift Card or Activation Box.
- Other facts from the discussion
- 1,100,000 home brewers with an economic impact of $756 million.
- 46,451 members as of 2018
- Zymurgy Magazine Online has issues from Jan 2000 to present.
- Gives you access to over 1,000 tried and true recipes.
- 2,538 member deals currently available. Members can suggest deals thru Brew Guru app.
- AHA Events – HomeBrew Con, Big Brew Day & Learn to HomeBrew Day.
GROUP BREWING/STAMMTISCH: canceled due to coronavirus, will be evaluating June events for regular attendance based on government regulations.
NEW BUSINESS/OLD BUSINESS/MEMBER QUESTIONS:
- Gathering quotes for SBL stickers. So far have 4 quotes ranging from $0.52-$1.35 each. Still working out the details.
- Lining up suppliers to quote SBL tulip glass. Going to pair this up with the Domras glasses to ensure we get a good quote.
- Sold the last SBL shirt to Randell.
- Have completed setting up multiple Google suite accounts for SBL (Contacts, G-Drive, Google Docs, Google sheets, Calendar, and Photos). Hoping to utilize these accounts to help manage the club information and allow an easy transfer of leadership in the future.
- Finalizing the photo gallery for the website
- Gene to give Treasury Report ($5,359.17 in the black)
Mid Year Beer competition
- 7/18 Patrick to host. Open styles, Any OG. Scott to set up the competition website.
Rotating the Monthly to other locations, other events…
- Proposed rotating the monthly meetings to other locations but not well received. Other members said that rotating the happy hour events is better for this since most brewery locations don’t serve food and many members want a dinner and a meeting.
As always stay safe, hydrate (with homebrew), and wash your hands.