2020 Important Dates
|Open Enrollment Application||January 14 to January 22|
|Acceptance Email, Entry Registration & Payment||Notified by February 14 (7 days to pay after notification)|
|First Round Shipping Window||February 20 to March 5|
|First Round Judging||March 13 to April 5|
THIS IS NOT ON FEBRARY 1st. DATE IS TBD.
This will be our monthly Stammtisch and also the day we brew the beer for the second barrel we have. This is Barrel Project #3.
More information to come.
The 22nd annual Domras Cup mead only international competition is the longest running mead only competition on the same weekend in the world (or at least what the internet knows)! We will again be hosting this competition in Richmond Hill, GA at J. F. Gregory park in the same building as the previous years. Please arrive early only if you are judging, stewarding, or volunteering with the competition. If your not volunteering you will be ask to return once the competition has completed.
If you are interested in volunteering, please log into the competition link below and notate if you want to judge, steward, or staff. Those traveling from long distance, please ensure you shoot an email to [email protected] so that we are aware and can prepare for your arrival.
If you are interested in sponsoring, please send an email to us at [email protected].
After the competition has completed, Savannah Brewers League will be holding our annual party with tons of food and beverages (mead cellar) to share.
For more information about the history of the Domras Cup competition.
- Entries will be capped at 200.
- Entry deadline is 1/18/2020.
- Cost: TBD
- Competition link: coming soon
This is our monthly meeting where local homebrewers meet up and discuss brewing. If you are not a homebrewer, its ok, we allow non-brewers to come to this meeting too.
See link for more details.
Registration closes on 2/1/2020.
425 paid entries limit.
- There is no limit on the number of entries. The Registration Page allows up to 10 entries. If a Brewer has more entries, contact the Registrar.
- Only one entry per subcategory allowed. (You can have one entry in 21A and one in 21B but you can’t have two in 21A or two in 21B).
- Each Entry will consist of two (2) bottles, each with a completed bottle ID form attached by a rubber band, the completed on-line entry form and PayPal payment.
- Entry Fee – $7 per entry … Paid via PayPal from the Registration Page with the Entry detail.
- A change in the platform of the registration program may make entry modifications difficult. Please wait to register your Entries until you are satisfied with the Category / Style.
- Each bottle with have a completed Shamrock Competition Bottle ID form, attached with a rubber band
- Entries must be received/dropped off at one of the locations listed below by 5PM on Saturday February 16th. No exceptions. Anything dropped off after 5PM on Saturday February 16th will not be eligible for judging. There will be no further pick-ups from Drop-Offs prior to the competition.
- There will not be a pickup at the February CARBOY meeting on February 27th
- There will be no formal out-of-town pickup this year. SHA Homebrew clubs (some clubs formally part of CBOY) may be coordinating collection and delivery. Check with your local club and have them contact the Shamrock Cellarmaster to streamline delivery.
- No entries will be accepted on the day of the competition.
- No-shows will not receive a refund
This is our monthly meeting open to homebrewers and non-brewers alike.
Please be sure to read the competition rules as they have changed for 2020. It is your responsibility to understand the rules before you enter. Best of luck!
- Entries open January 3, 2020 at 12:00 PM MST
- Home entries close February 28, 2020 at 12:00 PM MST
Standby for 2020 competition info, see link for more details.