Toast: “Good people drink good beer!” – Hunter S. Thompson
Guest/New Members: 25 members attended the meeting
Who is brewing? Club total: 794.25 (100 bu’s in a Aug)
8/4 BJCP: Recipe Formulation @ MRBC 6pm
8/4 Aug Monthly Meeting @ MRBC 7:30pm
8/7 COC: Mead Day Comp @ Bee-Town 5pm-8pm
8/14 Midday in the Beer Garden @ MRBC 11am-3pm
8/15 SBL Deadline for online BJCP test
8/18 BJCP class at MRBC 6-9pm, COC Brew Off or Screw Off
8/28 COC: Uber Open @ Stovall’s 11am
9/1 Sept Monthly Meeting @ MRBC 7:30pm
9/11 BJCP exam @ Stovall’s Office
9/11 BJCP After Party @ The Brew Shop
9/18 SAV Brewery tour 11am-7pm
9/22 28th Anniversary Toast @ O’Connell’s Pub 6pm
10/2 Fest’ovall Oktoberfest Stammtisch 5pm
10/6 Oct Monthly Meeting @ MRBC 7:30pm
10/9 Charleston Beer Fest @ Riverfront Park 1pm
10/23 COC: O’Dark 30 Competition
11/3 Nov Monthly Meeting @ MRBC 7:30pm (SBL Elections)
11/6 Learn To Homebrew Day @ TBD
?/? Butter Ducks Winery visit TBD (Sonja)
- COC: Uber Open V results (Open = members & non-members):
- 1st Place: Sean B. (Bitter Orangecello)
- 2nd Place: Sonja E. (PB&J cello)
- 3rd Place: Chris M. (Traditional Lemoncello)
- COC: Brew Off Screw Off results:
- 1st Place: Kyle P. (Dunkel Weizen)
- 2nd Place: Gene E. (Gose)
- Midday in the Garden Beerfest recap: 16 volunteers from SBL. Who volunteered and didn’t get a gift card, go see TJ. Excellent event!!! Moon River will be looking to host this event again.
- BJCP Exam 9/11: 8 people are currently sitting for the exam with 3 more possibly being added at the last minute.
- SAV Brewery Tour 9/18: We had 3 people drop but we have 3 people on the waiting list (Josh B., Chris M., David H.). How many people have paid up?
- Sample Glassware Orders: See Chandler.
- SBL to purchase a few (2-3) brewing books for the SBL library. Still waiting to hear back on which books Henry ordered for us.
- SBL November Elections: President and Secretary will be open for nominations in October and elections in November as per the Bylaws Article V.
COC: O’Dark 30 November Stammtisch at Scott’s house
Sept – 9/11 BJCP exam post party @ The Brew Shop
Oct 2th – Stovall’s Festovall
Nov – Scott’s O’Dark 30
Dec – Wilson’s Christmas Stammtisch
Jan – TJ’s New Year Stammtisch
Upcoming Group Brew Day:
11/6 Learn To Homebrew Day (LTHD) @ Coastal Empire Beer Company
Barrel Committee: (Gene, Vince, Scott, James):
- Barrel Project X: Braggot. Still waiting to put the batch to make it in the barrel. Barrel is in Scotts garage.
- Barrel Project #4: Russian Imperial Stout with cocoa powder is kegged and the barrel is empty. Before we prep the barrel for Barrel Project #5, we will need a recipe. This recipe development is in the works. Will present the final recipe at the August meeting.
- Barrel Project #5: Use same barrel from barrel project #4. Going to be the final beer in this barrel so we will do a Flanders, Lambic, Old Brun, or sour beer. First of many sour beers?
Tech Talk: Sean B.: “Perfecting a Bitter Orangecello”
Open Discussion: none