Toast: “Whiskey’s too tough, Champagne costs too much, Vodka puts my mouth in gear, I hope this refrain, Will help me explain, As a matter of fact, I like beer!” – Tom T. Hall
Guest/New Members: 27 members attended the meeting.
Who is brewing? Club total: 932 bu’s. 14 people have been brewing in the last month.
10/2 Fest’ovall Oktoberfest Stammtisch 5pm
10/6 Oct Monthly Meeting @ MRBC 7:30pm
10/15 Group Brew day at TJ’s
10/16 Marshall’s Memorial Bottle Share @ White Whale Craft Ales 9pm $20
10/23 Macon Beer Fest
11/3 Nov Monthly Meeting @ MRBC 7:30pm (SBL Elections)
11/6 Learn To Homebrew Day @ Coastal Empire Beer Company
11/20 COC: O’Dark 30 Competition / Nov Stammtisch
12/1 2022 Domras Cup Meeting 6pm
12/1 Dec Monthly Meeting @ MRBC 7:30pm
12/5 Dec Stammtisch @ Wilson’s
12/12 MRBC Holiday Party
1/5/22 Jan Monthly Meeting @ MRBC 7:30pm
1/? Jan Stammtisch @ TJ’s
2/2 Feb Monthly Meeting @ MRBC 7:30pm
2/5 Domras Cup @ John W. Stevens Wetland Center
5/? SBL Europe Trip
6/22-6/25 National Homebrew Conference Pittsburgh, PA
- COC: O’Dark 30 competition site is up and registration is open.7 of 30 entries so far. Competition set for Nov Stammtisch 11/20 12 pm. Entry deadline is the day of competition 11/19. Stammatisch starts at 2 pm.
- Domras Cup competition site is set up. 250 entries, 3 entries per household. Password for SBL members to test the site. All others have $999 early registration until competition is open. 2022 Domras Cup pre meeting 12/1 6pm.
- COC: Beer Beauty Pageant: entry 1 keg 5 bu’s, any style, any abv. 2/5/22 at Domras.
- SBL November Elections: President and Secretary will be open for nominations in October and elections in November as per the Bylaws Article V.
- Chandler, Chris Pye have been elected President and Secretary.
- Zymurgy Article: Assigned to Merideth. TJ to reach out to Buddiemeir and get info where he left off and contacts. David L to support if we need assistance with AHA contacts.
- Learn to Homebrew day 11/6 12pm at Coastal Empire Beer Company. 4 people (TJ, Roger, Austin, Devon) have volunteered to brew for the event. The Brew Shop to cover the cost of recipes for the event.
- David L. dropped off some homebrewing gear to be donated to the club to sell. Henry has the list of purchases. Money goes back to the SBL general fund.
- National Homebrew Con in Pittsburgh this year so SBL should participate and produce around 15 kegs for club and hospitality night. Vince, Stovall, Gene, and Scott elected to this committee.
- 12/12 Moon River will be holding their Holiday Party. SBL is invited. More details to come.
- SBL sponsored the Michigan Mead Cup 2021 category. $40 cost.
- MRBD is a 20 year sponsor of the SBL. Service award in work. What should this award look like?
- Brewer of the Year award / Competitor of the year in work. Final tally to be completed by Jan meeting. TJ has the barrel staves. Look into club email for reporting this stuff in the future.
- Sample Glassware Orders: See Chandler. $12 a 4 pack.
- SBL to purchase a few (2-3) brewing books for the SBL library. Books in hand in The Brew Shop. 1 Cider book, 1 how to brew book, 1 yeast book.
- SBL 2022 May Europe Trip: England to France bus trip with many stops in between. Room and board roughly $2000 single, $3500 double not including airfare. Already have about 20 people. More details in Jan meeting with $600 deposit.
- Sonja: can you look into getting a date for Butterducks Winery tour this winter? Late feb?
11/20 12pm COC: O’Dark 30 November Stammtisch at Scott’s house
2/5 Domras Cup
2/5 Beer Beauty Pageant
Nov – 11/20 2pm Scott’s house
Dec – 12/5 Wilson’s Christmas Stammtisch
Jan – TJ’s New Year Stammtisch
Feb – open/Domras?
March – Roger
April – Kyle/Jerry
Upcoming Group Brew Day:
11/6 Learn To Homebrew Day (LTHD) @ Coastal Empire Beer Company
Barrel Committee: (Gene, Vince, Scott, James):
- Barrel Project #5: Use same barrel from barrel project #4. Going to be the final beer in this barrel so we will do a Old Bruin beer.
- Do we have a recipe? Yes, Cherry Old Brun. Recipe shared on the SBL FB group.
- Barrel relocated to Jonathan’s E house.
- Barrel Project #6: Vince to procure a new reused barrel from habersham beverage. Expecting procurement around Jan.
Tech Talk: none
Open Discussion: none