I want to take the time and ask any one that is active or retired military please stand. Nov 11 is veterans day and Nov 24 is thanksgiving so i want to take a second and thank you for your service. probst!
Guest/New Members: 29 members, including Steve, President #12(ish)
Who is brewing? Club total:750 for OCT and 888 for NOV
10/2 Festovall Stammtisch @ Stovall (5PMish, wear lederhosen or dirndl)
10/5 Domras cup meeting 6:30-7:15 @ MRBC
10/5 October Monthly Meeting @ MRBC
10/22 Bourbon, Blues, Brews, and BBQ
11/2 Domras cup meeting 6:30-7:15 @ MRBC
11/2 November Monthly Meeting @ MRBC
11/5 Learn how to brew day @ debellation and coastal empire brewing
11/19 O’Dark 30 and NOV Stammtisch @ Burns house 12 – 6
12/4 Holiday Stammtisch @ Wilson’s 5pm-on
12/7 Domras cup meeting 6:30-7:15 @ MRBC
12/7 December Monthly meeting @MRBC
12/11 Holiday Party @ MRBC
2/4 Domras Cup
2023 competition outside of the club – stovall
Bill volunteered to head a consolidated Competitions Committee for 2023. Will encompass Iron Brewer, distributing SHA, NHC, and club only competition info, and organizing club efforts to ship or deliver consolidated entries.
Henry offered a 15% discount for any batch of beer brewed for a competition entry.
General discussion on how to improve SHA competition participation
Service will be coming for Dec
Will probably have coastal empire come for january
Passed around pitchers of Apparition Ale, an English Pale Ale, and had a good discussion on the yeast that goes into it. 11 NOV- release of Swampfox with rosemary. Also just released Ogeechee River Keeper Ale made with honey and ginger.
Treasurer’s Report (Gene)
Barrel Committee: (Gene, Vince, Scott, James, Jon E., Roger):
- Barrel Project Delta 6 (sixth run our first barrel) Lambic, all contributions currently in barrel.
- Barrel Project Echo 1
Belgian Dark Strong recipe decided on.
The barrel is planning to be filled on Nov.12
Brewing is going on. Some will add contribution later
Are there people that want to join the next barrel that aren’t in the current one? Mention in Facebook Group, will be added to the group message.
Zymurgy Article (Meridith)
- Still waiting to hear back, no update
- Meredith plans to reach back out through Vince’s contact
Great as always- Around 56 people, 10x kegs
CCA Blue Brew BBQ & Bourbon (B4) (Austin T.) –
Thank you to all that volunteered. See you next year!
Merch interest (Chandler)
Shirts are in please come and get one if you ordered it. Shirts were also presented to Moon River staff.
Also I plan on creating a new sticker for the participants of the barrel projects.
- O-dark 30 (NOV Stammtisch) Brewed at Coastal Empire Brewing
Last comp of the year
- Iron Brewer: consolidated under Competition Committee
- December: Winter Warmer
- January: New Year New Beer, Experimental Beer
- 2023 Comps
- Come ready at DEC meetings with Early year competition suggestions that will qualify for GABF Pro-Am entries.
- March? May?
If you are interested in shadowing the registrar position, contact Scott.
He is looking for someone to help with domras and take it over in 2024.
- Brewer of the Year award / Competitor of the year in work. Final tally to be completed by Jan meeting. Barrel staves delivered. Look into club email for reporting this stuff in the future. Any competitions outside of the COC/Domras should be self-reported to Sonja E. Email [email protected] to get her contact info.
- Wetlands in richmond hill cost 250$ plus a 200$ deposit for domras
- If you do a Tech Talk, you get a hand crafted bottle opener or stopper from the prez
November – Burns house 11/19
O-Dark 30 start at noon
Stam start at 2
Please sign up as a judge, even if you have no experience or entries. Tables will be arranged to allow it.
Entries are due or arrangements made by 6PM on the 18th at the Brew Shop.
December – Wilson’s
Upcoming Group Brew Day:
10/5 Plan is for coastal empire and debellation (Levi/Frank)
November: Cello By Sean Becker
December: Brewing with Spices by Bill Austin
|General Discussion: what do we want to do next year? Charleston? Bus/Trolley?|
|Pay your dues!|
|Discussed purchasing a fruit press next year|